Game Suggestions

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
I've kind of just dipped in and out of gaming in recent years but now have a nice new laptop giving me more flexibility to play anywhere I like around the house. Hopefully this will give me a few years.
I've started playing Shadow of the Tombraider. It's the sort of game I really enjoy, puzzles, some combat, not too intense all the time, nice graphics. I have a couple of games that I bought a while back and I've dipped in and out of them on my PC but I'm looking for something new. I'd heard that Red Dead Redemption 2 is pretty good so was thinking about that and I wondered about looking at one of the Assassins Creed games.
Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've kind of just dipped in and out of gaming in recent years but now have a nice new laptop giving me more flexibility to play anywhere I like around the house. Hopefully this will give me a few years.
I've started playing Shadow of the Tombraider. It's the sort of game I really enjoy, puzzles, some combat, not too intense all the time, nice graphics. I have a couple of games that I bought a while back and I've dipped in and out of them on my PC but I'm looking for something for something new. I'd heard that Red Dead Redemption 2 is pretty good so was thinking about that and I wondered about looking at one of the Assassins Creed games.
Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Any suggestions would be welcomed,
Red Dead 2 is a huuuuge game.

If that’s up your street then Witcher 3 is a must, truly great game.

The other tomb raider reboots are all good and still look very good also, not dated at all.

I would say Control is worth it if you want ultimate visuals and an appealing story:

Are you a Half Life fan? If so, Black Mesa is fan created and well worth a look:

https://store.steampowered.com/widget/362890/

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
Thanks. I've played the other Tombraider games. There's a bit of nostalgia there as well. I just decided to wait for a new pc or laptop to play the latest one. I did really enjoy the first half life game years ago but never got round to playing any more.
I'll certainly check out the other suggestions. Time to start a wish list I think!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks. I've played the other Tombraider games. There's a bit of nostalgia there as well. I just decided to wait for a new pc or laptop to play the latest one. I did really enjoy the first half life game years ago but never got round to playing any more.
I'll certainly check out the other suggestions. Time to start a wish list I think!
TBH, I'm a little out of the loop on really current games. I've been mainly playing reboots and remasters like the Black Mesa, Halo Masterchief and Bioshock remasters.

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
I sometimes can't resist reboots of games that I played years ago. When I received the new laptop and looked at what was available on Steam I found a little reboot of a game called Kings Quest, totally undemanding compared to the other games mentioned, but I remembered playing them years ago. I had thought I would be straight into the latest games but I ended up downloading the first chapter which was free and working through that before I got to Tombraider and I must confess, as simple as it was, I really enjoyed it. Not really using the new laptop to its max. :D
I notice the link you gave to Control took me to a company called Epic games. I presume that works pretty much in the same way as Steam which is all I've had experience with up to now?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I sometimes can't resist reboots of games that I played years ago. When I received the new laptop and looked at what was available on Steam I found a little reboot of a game called Kings Quest, totally undemanding compared to the other games mentioned, but I remembered playing them years ago. I had thought I would be straight into the latest games but I ended up downloading the first chapter which was free and working through that before I got to Tombraider and I must confess, as simple as it was, I really enjoyed it. Not really using the new laptop too its max. :D
I notice the link you gave to Control took me to a company called Epic games. I presume that works pretty much in the same way as Steam which is all I've had experience with up to now?
Yeah, Epic are just a publisher, like EA or Ubisoft. They're the ones responsible for stuff like Fortnite and other big titles. It's worth installing Epic Games Launcher as every Thursday around 16:00 they release games for free, sometimes they're AAA titles as well. My entire library on Epic Launcher is all from their free giveaways.

They also get exclusives sometimes like a year before others, I think that's the case with Control. It is set to launch on Steam, but not for a little while yet.