Gamepads

steaky360

Maybe the OP prefers PlayStation controllers?
If you already have a PS3 controller you should be able to use it on your PC with minimal effort.
Guide here: http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

I personally use my xbox 360 controller and have not had any issues, so I would recommend that if you didn't have a PS3 controller/PlayStation style preference keedar's link would be the winner.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I will confess that I bought that exact one Kee just last week. LEGO LoTR was just intolerable using keyboard (great game, just sadly a console port that they seemingly cba to map very well for KB&M)

It does the job as it should. Would recommend the wired one too, as the wireless just opens up to problems, and realistically when using a PC, you're right at the screen anyway (not like the console monkeys that wonder aimlessly around the room when playing Halo 7 or CoD19 or whatever :D )

DED

steaky360

Would recommend the wired one too, as the wireless just opens up to problems

I actually use a wireless controller (had one already and got a wireless receiver for same price as a wired pad) and have had zero issues with it (although I've heard some problems have occurred). I would only even entertain the wireless option if you have wireless controllers already, if you're purchasing a controller specifically for your PC get a wired one as DED/keedar suggested.

Keedar

Expert
Had wireless controller with receiver but after few months receiver just died so i will recommended all wired devices.Headphones,controllers etc.Its just my opinion :)

lewishollings

Bright Spark
I never understood why you would use a wireless controller unless you sit far away from your computer, most people sit at a desk but wireless gamepads require a receiver and if they break they just cost more :p

steaky360

Had wireless controller with receiver but after few months receiver just died so i will recommended all wired devices.Headphones,controllers etc.Its just my opinion :)
I never understood why you would use a wireless controller unless you sit far away from your computer, most people sit at a desk but wireless gamepads require a receiver and if they break they just cost more :p

Admittedly the only reason I am using a wireless controller (and receiver) is because I had one already. I do actually sit further away from my PC if using the controller (as I don't need to reach the K/M very often) however that would not have been an issue for the wired controller either as my PC is in a fairly small room (so I don't have far to move haha).

As I said above, I would not recommend going down the wireless route as wired controllers have less issues and are (in general) easier to use (typically just plug and play instead of plug and wait for drivers then maybe... if you're lucky... play).