Gaming gone mad?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Capture.JPG

£240 for four games. Discuss.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
1. Your avatar just made me go mad, I have a good mind to go and change it to some kittens or something because that is messing with my head... seriously. Although it is slightly ruined by the fact your rank has changed... So yeah that makes me leave it because I can now laugh at it.

As far as £240 for those games go, you wont catch me spending that kind of money on PC games. I will probably get FIFA when it comes out but I will get it as cheap as possible and just get the standard edition. The whole point of PC gaming for me is that its cheaper, I avoid much of the cost by staying clear of the 'deluxe' editions and where possible waiting for games to come on sale or get a cheap code from somewhere. Those are console prices IMO and just not worth it.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
That is ridiculous, I wouldn't pay that on console, never mind PC. I though £39.99 was bad, they just keep going up. Wouldn't catch me paying that. I used to be happy for my mum to spend it when I was younger, now I realise the value of money and things, and can't believe I was ever happy to waste my parent's money like that.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
It's EA, therefore $60=£60, it's a bit like Apple's conversion rate.

And I get any EA game that I want a week after launch for £20 to £25. Did it with battlefield 3, 4, premium for both, titanfall, NFS rivals etc.

The only game I paid full price for from EA was NFS most wanted and that was a preorder from game and it was £35 or something.

steaky360

I would guess either closer to release date or on/just after the prices typically fall somewhat. Don't buy direct from origin in any case if you can help it and you'll typically save a fair whack of cash.

GMG seem to have the best deals on at the moment for games, especially with the relatively frequent 10-15% off vouchers they offer.

Also, steam summer sale must be soon (I appreciate this thread was related to origin games... but still)?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
On CDKeys or SimplyCDKeys the prices are (doesn't include the 5% facebook discount):

BFH: £27.35
Sims 4: £27.99
Fifa 15: £39.99 (SimplyCDKeys.com)
Dragon Age £39.99 (SimplyCDKeys.com)

Total: £135.32

Bottom 2 are just standard price because they haven't been officially announced yet by either

Oh and if you look at kinguin.net you can save even more

Sims 4: £27.18
Fifa 15: £26.44
Dragon Age: £23.96
+ BFH from CDKeys (£27.35)

Total: £104.93

So basically you can save a lot of money if you look around a bit

Last edited:

mishra

Rising Star
Deluxe justifies sixty quid each?
No it does not, but in the past deluxe or collectors editions were usually £50+ so it's not something new. If you want a shocker look no further than Xbox One version of Titanfal Deluxe edition @Game for £182 !!! Not sure if that is a joke or what... but it listed at that price!