Gaming GPU's £150ish budget?

adahil

Gold Level Poster
Hi guys

I am intending on upgrading my basic GPU for a better one aimed at some decent gaming (BF, Flight Sim, etc).

SHould have around £150 to spend? Any suggestions? SHould I be looking down the ATI route rather than NVidia?

CHeers

Corfate

Author Level
Probably best to wait till January (I think) time when the new GPU's will be coming out, may save you some money :)

adahil

Gold Level Poster
Oh cool! Ok will probably hang around til then then. Just for the record, can you point me in the right general direction? Won't be buying anything brand new (too expensive). What is out there at the moment that might come into my bracket?

Thanks mate

Corfate

Author Level
Maybe a 560ti? Im not sure, as this isn't my forte, just know that people have mentioned a price reduction in January due to new cards :p Im not 100%, but im relatively certain :p

adahil

Gold Level Poster
Thats good enough for me! Was thinking of the 560ti or a Radeon 6870. Any personal preferences or guidance on comparisons between these?

HURRY UP JANUARY!!!!!!

Corfate

Author Level
I think the 6870 runs cooler, but both cards have pretty much the same performance :) However, i think thr 560ti is slightly more expensive :)

adahil

Gold Level Poster
Thanks to you both, will keep my eye out for a 6870 :)

Literally itching with excitement for my best to arrive now!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
might be able to get a 7870 or a 6970 for the same price in a couple of weeks, so hang on for it

also the nvidia card will run cooler and use less power although the AMD is slightly more powerful

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I have NVidia Geforce GTX 560Ti 2gb DAMN DOES THAT SOUND COOL To say

oh yeh

it s abeast of a card, it struggles only on the witcher 2 when you have about 12 harpies on the screen at once

I have 42 inch LED TV, get a TV with a good contrast ratio, get a game like Trine 2 and see how deep the blacks are, and how 3d the shadowing is on good games