gaming headphones

jeffside

Hi. I was wandering if normal headphones for gaming would do. I don't particularly care about the audio quality/surround sound. the few headphones i have are good (sennheiser, beats and veho).I was wandering more about the mic that is included in the headphones i specified, and whether the audio quality will be good talking to friends on chat servers while gaming (e.g discord, skype etc.). If these headphones are fine for chats please tell me because i don't want to spend too much money or if i need a gaming headset please tell me so. Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi. I was wandering if normal headphones for gaming would do. I don't particularly care about the audio quality/surround sound. the few headphones i have are good (sennheiser, beats and veho).I was wandering more about the mic that is included in the headphones i specified, and whether the audio quality will be good talking to friends on chat servers while gaming (e.g discord, skype etc.). If these headphones are fine for chats please tell me because i don't want to spend too much money or if i need a gaming headset please tell me so. Thank you

Gaming headphones are essentially a little bit of a marketing nonsense imho (starts flamewar).

Any of the sets you have will be ample for gaming and if they've got an attached mic that'll be fine too, most modern headsets have active noise cancelling.

Really, until you get to the real 5.1 and 7.1 surround headsets which have separate drivers littered all around the earcup, anything up to that is just running synthesized surround, which is just clever software through normal headphones making it sound like it's in surround, but you can get that on your pc anyway through the windows store with the dolby atmos pluggin which will save a few hundred quid:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N0866FS04W8

Use your current headset and see how you get on, I think you'll be fine.

Last edited:
G

Gimpet

I yesterday picked myself up a pair of HyperX Cloud II and my god they are a massive, massive upgrade from the Corsair HS340 I had, Love them already, however the Corsair HS was of a lesser quality, it was still fine for general and gaming use.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I yesterday picked myself up a pair of HyperX Cloud II and my god they are a massive, massive upgrade from the Corsair HS340 I had, Love them already, however the Corsair HS was of a lesser quality, it was still fine for general and gaming use.

I’ve heard the hyperx are exceptional value and outperform sets triple their cost.