Gaming Laptop - Thermal Paste

Imogen

So I read through some old forum posts from 2012 about thermal paste and I understand it’s only a £9 difference. However I couldn’t push anymore money and had to get regular thermal paste with a good 2060 rtx, i7 laptop and am very worried if this does a major difference... no one really answered the question properly and was wondering if it would do a big difference for what the price is. It may seem cheap but I assume it does somewhat a bit of a difference. Anyway, since I didn’t go for it. Would it be possible to renew the thermal paste at a later date to a better one if I wanted to or is it there for good?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I read through some old forum posts from 2012 about thermal paste and I understand it’s only a £9 difference. However I couldn’t push anymore money and had to get regular thermal paste with a good 2060 rtx, i7 laptop and am very worried if this does a major difference... no one really answered the question properly and was wondering if it would do a big difference for what the price is. It may seem cheap but I assume it does somewhat a bit of a difference. Anyway, since I didn’t go for it. Would it be possible to renew the thermal paste at a later date to a better one if I wanted to or is it there for good?
You can upgrade the thermal paste yourself at any time, just buy a tube from somewhere and apply it yourself.

I'd always recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which is amongst the best.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above. Repasting a laptop yourself might initially sound daunting, but there are a lot of guides online and people here can point you in the right direction. It's not uncommon laptop maintenance.