Gaming Mice and Keyboards - are they worth it?

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I'm currently using a bog standard £15 keyboard, and a bog standard Mouse with my PC. I've been looking at getting some 'gaming' gear, but I just can't seem to justify the price.

Is it all overpriced rubbish, or will these 'gaming' devices really improve my skill/aim etc?

If they are worth the money, feel free to send some recommendations my way! (reasonably priced!) :D

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
To answer your general question, yup, it is overpriced rubbish :D

BUT

I do love my Logitech G510. I like having the macro keys for things like Passwords etc (not used them in gaming sense as yet), and the keys are backlit...in the colour of your choice! (probably not worth the hefty price tag, but I did it anyway!)

Granted the mouse was free courtesy of PCS, but I like the Ghost and it feels a lot better when gaming than my old Razer somethingorother.

Are they worth the price that is charged? Doubtful.

Are they worth it to have if you ignore the price? I would say yes :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is an amazing keyboard, mechanical makes it a dream to type on, especially in non gaming stuff. It is a little on the loud side but hey i dnt mind tht. Backlit keys which tbh I cant do without anymore, ever since my macbook pro. Worth the price? imo yes, worth every penny, but only cus i mainly use it for programming, and I actually find myself typing alot faster on this than on any other keyboard ive used, except perhaps my macbook pro.

Razer Mamba, awesome mouse and for me worth every penny, read the thread on gaming mice which was a few days ago, that goes more into detail.

Teaz

Godlike
depends on how much use you can make of whatever gaming keyboard and mice it is. but usually, it is overpriced junk as DED said as quite some or half of the features are pretty much a gimmic like extra features which isnt needed in gaming or gets unused.

but if you could make good use of the features then it wouldnt be really a waste. i would suggest going after something that will suit you for your use and what you need or dont needed for example an excess load of buttons, high sensi, light up mouse, onboard memory, weight system etc etc. i would suggest trying to get hold of a mouse of interest and have a feel if it has a comfortable hold in your hand when using. you could perhaps nip into pcworld and see if there is any of interest you may like.

what i payed for my keyboard is mouse isnt really worth their value in my view so mine are overpriced but it has all the needed features i needed and were just about the right one compared to others when i did some researching.

Last edited: