Gaming Mice, Kbord and Headset

samwil

Enthusiast
Looking for some suggestions on the title.

I've heard good reviews on the sidewinder x4, but i'm still browsing.
I like the deathadder and the lycosa combo, both have blue LED's and match perfectly :) but they do seem a little pricey.
I've heard good reviews on sennheiser headsets and the razer megalodon? i think it is.
But yea other than that i haven't really looked at many, have any of you guys got any first hand experience of good gaming headsets/ mics / kboards?

Blackdog

Bright Spark
I have an x4 and love it, 3 sets of macros, good comfortable construction with a nice backlight - it has a palm rest underneath the keys which are good for extensive essay writing/gaming whatever - its on amazon for under thirty quid and for that price its hard to beat.

Headset wise i just use my xbox Turtle Beaches, so cant really comment. When it comes to mice i picked up a logitech g400 and love it. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles of a razer mouse, but has fully programmable software, more dpi than you could ever use, all of which is tailorable with dedicated buttons, and is very comfortable for someone with larger hands.

BD

keynes

Multiverse Poster
But yea other than that i haven't really looked at many, have any of you guys got any first hand experience of good gaming headsets/ mics / kboards?
What is your budget?

samwil

Enthusiast
Looking at around £70 MAX for a very good quality keyboard, but if you can get something below £40 I'd be very happy.
Mouse, probably £50 MAX for a v good quality mouse, same again, the cheaper the better.
Headset I'll say around £100.

kruppsy

Master
Like Blackdog Im using a Turtle Beach Headset, the X11. Its perfectly fine but lacks real depth. I think you can get the newer X12 for around £30 on amazon. But when the time comes for me to upgrade I'll be getting this one I reckon (hopefully Santa's listening):

http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6725

If you get the x4 and these you'll have a nice red backlight theme going on, just have to find a matching mouse!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I got the V7 cyborg keyboard and it is great, got it for around £45 I think. I just recently bought the trittons +pro headset, can't connect them yet still waiting for an optical adapter :(

kruppsy

Master
I got the V7 cyborg keyboard and it is great, got it for around £45 I think. I just recently bought the trittons +pro headset, can't connect them yet still waiting for an optical adapter :(

Will you do us a quick review of your trittons when you've had a play with them keynes?

Im really torn between the coolermaster and tritton ones myself. The only thing that worries me about the CM Sirus is the fact that the ear cups are in a fixed position so whilst the head band can be made to fit larger heads (doesnt affect me, I've got a little meatball head :)), it could end up becoming painful unless your head is the same shape as the designers. This could swing it in the favour of the trittons for me....especially if you give them a glowing review...

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Will you do us a quick review of your trittons when you've had a play with them keynes?
At the moment I am impressed! I have not yet tried when gaming but with movies and music the sound is fantastic, far better than the Vulcan Asus headset I was using before.

samwil

Enthusiast
Last edited:

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Looking for some suggestions on the title.

I've heard good reviews on the sidewinder x4, but i'm still browsing.
I like the deathadder and the lycosa combo, both have blue LED's and match perfectly :) but they do seem a little pricey.
I've heard good reviews on sennheiser headsets and the razer megalodon? i think it is.

hmmm I don't recommend the Lycosa as a lot of people seem to have the problem of key's freezing and not working randomly, I use the Logitech G510, pretty damn sturdy keyboard and also feel's really good to type on, you can make the Led's blue too if you like ;) haha

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Ive got the Razer Deathadder and i love it, it looks nice and feels good and it is very responsive, Keyboard i would reccomend the logitech g510 and headsets i dont use so i cant help you there :)

lewishollings

Bright Spark
haha you basically just named my setup, I also own a razer deathadder, not recommended if you prefer stubby mouses which I don't because I have big hands but yeh, deathadder is brill! The headset I own is the Razer Carcharias, really do not recommend this headset if you're looking for a good mic!