Gaming mouse may be on the way out... suggestions to fix / replace?

Outerarm

Hi,

I think my Razer DeathAdder may be on the way out... I keep getting annoying ghost clicks on the LMB, basically a second press of the button. The behaviour is intermittent but seems to be getting worse. So...

1. Is my mouse about to die... or is it simply resting? Is there anything I could do to fix it or are the switches near EOL?

2. I found the DeathAdder to be spot on for my needs... comfortable, responsive, etc. and I'd likely get a direct replacement, however are there other options in the same price range I could consider?

ta!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmm, Im not sure if its in the same price range. But I have a razer Imperator something like that. Coupled with a decent (hard) razer mousemat its ten times better than my old deathadder. It goes up to 6400 dpi too.

Outerarm

hmm, Im not sure if its in the same price range. But I have a razer Imperator something like that. Coupled with a decent (hard) razer mousemat its ten times better than my old deathadder. It goes up to 6400 dpi too.
Thanks for the suggestion... It looks like a 2012 edition Imperator is £5 more than a 2013 edition DeathAdder, though both do 6400 dpi (and I already have a hard mat)... I'll have a bit of a delve at the Razer site and see what the differences are.

Outerarm

Thanks for the suggestion Tom, the Imperator is very comfortable and after a bit of fiddling about with the settings is responding really well.

Outerarm

what DPi have you got it set to?
At the moment I'm running at 3200 DPI, both for BF4 and normal operation. I've had to turn it down to around 800 for BF3 though. I'll probably up the resolution as I get used to the mouse.

Outerarm

Yup! was having real trouble in BF3 at the weekend with a really stuttering display and it turned out that it was mouse sensitivity -- turned the dpi down and it went very smooth. I'll upped the DPI to 6400 just now, so I'll see how it goes :)

jimmymac

next time perhaps try this understated little thing :D

MljUJSQ.jpg

http://www.leetgion.com/product-legendary.php