Gaming PC as a gift

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All sorted now I cancelled that first PC and build the one you recommended, just waiting for the graphics card to come in stock but thank you again!
I'd order sooner rather than later if you can. The 3060TI is currently on pre-order but is still orderable meaning you'll just be put on a list and a card will be assigned to your order when they have enough stock to get to your order. If you wait for it to not be on pre-order you could be waiting months- the 3070 has been like this but unorderable for months now!

themilkysquad1

I have ordered my new pc with windows 11, will i need to update all of windows or will it be done? will i need to install any drivers for Gpu or will this already be done, just trying to understand how easy it will be to just plug in and play as i really dont understand much about this topic. thanks

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have ordered my new pc with windows 11, will i need to update all of windows or will it be done? will i need to install any drivers for Gpu or will this already be done, just trying to understand how easy it will be to just plug in and play as i really dont understand much about this topic. thanks
Hi I would actually recommend sticking with Windows 10 for now. As for when you receive the machine the first step would be down go to the Windows Update page and download and install all updates including the optional updates

After that install the relevant GPU drivers. The computer should be good to go then, depending on internet connection of course this usually takes me around 30mins or so to do

themilkysquad1

Hi I would actually recommend sticking with Windows 10 for now. As for when you receive the machine the first step would be down go to the Windows Update page and download and install all updates including the optional updates

After that install the relevant GPU drivers. The computer should be good to go then, depending on internet connection of course this usually takes me around 30mins or so to do
Thank you stevey, i have now changed the order to windows 10, so just the windows updates and NVIDIA gpu drivers and good to go, dont have change anything about the motherboard settings no?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thank you stevey, i have now changed the order to windows 10, so just the windows updates and NVIDIA gpu drivers and good to go, dont have change anything about the motherboard settings no?
No you shouldn't have to mate, if you buy Windows through PCS they will configure everything for you. The only thing you have to do is run the updates and install your GPU drivers and she's ready to go