Gaming PC build advice (DayZ)

GaryDonaldson99

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year, Hope you all had a good last year and a better one to come.

I currently play on Xbox series x so don't have a gaming PC it's more of just a general use PC and it's quite old so the wife can use this one for her stuff. I will be wanting a whole new computer, mouse, keyboard and monitor. I play DayZ mainly but will probably play games such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Football Manager. I'm looking to spend around £2000 so that it is quite future proof. Other uses of the PC will just be general usage.

I have a steelseries 9x headset for my Xbox so can just use that I assume.

I did post of one of the Dayz Discord channels and was recommened to this website for a PC.

Was told the following:

My advice would be try to future proof yourself as much as possible. The top end Intel CPUs run really hot so you’ll need to make sure you’re getting a system that can handle that. Get the fastest SSDs you can afford at least one fast one for your games. Get the best GPU you can afford. The Nvidia GPUs are in the 40 series currently. If you can afford it get a GPU that has more than 8gb. For RAM you’re best getting around 32gb over 16gb. And finally.. check power supply is from a decent brand.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D seems to be the best gaming cpu

I would consider your monitor also 1440p with fast response time 1ms.

As I know very little about PC builds I would like advice please, In a nutshell I would like a full gaming PC setup from PC, keyboard, mouse & monitor to run Dayz that is future proof for a while that has a good soundcard instead of basic onboard sound and willing to spend around £2000 can go higher if it's justified.

Regards,

Gary.

GaryDonaldson99

Hello Spyder,

Thanks for the reply. Oh ok if £2000 is too low then the max I would is £3000 if that would be enough. I don't expect a high end PC based on my budget just something good enough that will last a while through updates etc....