Gaming PC Monitor

Wright

Hi, Looking to buy a Gaming Monitor(27''). I do not really want to spend anymore than £500. Specification Snapshot:

•Intel® Core™i7-8700k

•ASUS® PRIME Z370-P

•16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 3000MHz

•8GB GEFORCE GTX 1080

•1TB WD BLACK

Any help would be appreciated.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The Dell S2716dg is worth looking at, being 1440p, 144hz, gsync. Panel quality is apparently decent and the monitors has been recommended as a pairing with the GTX 1080 on these forums quite a bit. People seemed happy with the results

Often available for around £500 if one shops around.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Are you asking a general, non-sequitur question or about the monitor I posted above?

If the monitor above, it's TN.

If in general, it doesn't really make much difference, though such as there is a preference it's usually for TN due to generally lower response times. But in real terms modern IPS panels are fine.

Wright

Ok sweet. Been looking at a lot of reviews. For my budget the Dell S2716dg really does look like the best shout

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Spydertracks on this forum has one I believe and is more or less in love with it afaik. It's been recommended to a few other users and those who've got it all seem to have been highly impressed.

You can google professional reviews of it too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Spydertracks on this forum has one I believe and is more or less in love with it afaik. It's been recommended to a few other users and those who've got it all seem to have been highly impressed.

You can google professional reviews of it too.

I would echo what oussebon's said, I picked up a 4k monitor for smaller games and the Dell for mainstream AAA gaming, and it's amazing for the cost, can't recommend it enough!

Wright

Alright sweet, the other one that ive seen people raving on about is 'ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278QR, 27'' WQHD (2560 x 1440) Gaming monitor, 1ms, up to 165Hz, DP, HDMI, USB3.0 , G-SYNC' Both look solid

EDIT. And this ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27 inch WQHD Gaming Monitor (2560 x 1440, IPS, up to 165 Hz, DP, HDMI, USB 3.0, G-Sync) - Black

Last edited:

Wright

Although I very nearly went with the dell. (Still might). The 'ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q' is looking like it may take my £679...