Gaming Pc Opinions?

Pro

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and I would like to begin by posting the specifications of a gaming pc I am saving up for, and will hopefully be able to afford in 2 months. The price came to £1,379.00.

Here are the specifications that I have chosen:

Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 600T WHITE MID-TOWER CASE

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-4670k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.20GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB2.0, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
FREE SPLINTER CELL BLACKLIST GAME with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ MODULAR TXM-750 V2-80 PLUS® (£89)

Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£89)

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Sound Card
Asus Xonar DGX 5.1-Channel Gaming Audio Card (£27)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Power Cable
1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

So, to clear things up, this computer will be used every day for high-end gaming, especially the next-gen games such as Battlefield 4, CoD: Ghosts and many more. I won't be doing much video/image editing, so an i7 processor is definitely a miss for me. I would like 60fps at the highest settings on all games and am not sure if I should get the Geforce GTX 770 or save up a little longer and get the Geforce GTX 780. I have noticed the 780 does have quite a bit of extra performance, but is it really worth double the price of the 770? I have thought of getting the 770 then when the next series is released in the future, I can upgrade, but I would like a second opinion.

The next thing I would like an opinion on is the Sound Card. I'm not sure which to get, especially since I will be playing games and listening to music a lot. What do you think of the sound card I selected?

And finally, is the extra £9 for Extra-care diamond delivery needed? I added that since I am paranoid that such an expensive computer could be handled badly. Did your computer arrive okay with standard?

Thank you for your time reading this, please point out anything else that I may of missed, I look forward to your replies! :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Any reason why you need 60fps? 30 fps and higher is playable, you won't get 60 fps with a single gtx 770 on the latest/more demanding games. A sound card is not essential , you can try the onboard audio first.
And finally, is the extra £9 for Extra-care diamond delivery needed? I added that since I am paranoid that such an expensive computer could be handled badly. Did your computer arrive okay with standard?
No type of delivery guarantees more care of your package, all packages are treated the same. The one you selected only guarantees delivery before 12pm.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
My personal threshold is about 40-45FPS in shooter games and 30FPS is fine in racing games, however i can almost never tell you if the game is set to medium or ultra so i am more than happy to sacrifice the eye candy for the FPS. My brother on the other hand... well it better be on god damn ultra and it better not think about dipping below 60FPS or he will instantly whine about it. He notices everything, i mean everything so i can understand why some people want ultra at all times and 60FPS minimum.

It is slightly unrealistic to expect ultra on everything with constantly 60+fps, because to get that fps you would be looking at frames in the high 70's to allow for dips when something big happens on screen. If you really feel like you need ultra and high fps to enjoy the games then you will need a 780, with the ability to add a 2nd 780 in the future. Is the cost of a 780 worth it over a 770, not really for me but as i say above, i couldn't care less about ultra. But it is a must if you demand perfection, a 780 is the best single card you can get.

Pro

Any reason why you need 60fps? 30 fps and higher is playable, you won't get 60 fps with a single gtx 770 on the latest/more demanding games. A sound card is not essential , you can try the onboard audio first.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want at least 60fps, I should of pointed that out so I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but an average of 60fps would be nice. Anything above 30fps is okay. I believe I will go with the 770 then upgrade in the future if I need to.

Regarding the sound card; I will probably go with your suggestion and try out the on board audio first. Finally, does anyone know the idle and full-load average temperature for the Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-4670k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.20GHz) with Corsair H100i? At first I wasn't even going to have an over clocked CPU but I have good faith in PCSpecalist that it won't have any problems. Thanks guys.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
I have to say that personally I feel that 60fps is my threshold for smooth gameplay. If it starts to drop below that then I do tend to notice.

On the other hand I don't notice a lot of of the more extreme ultra settings (e.g. 16xAA vs 4xAA) so I'm happy to turn these down to maintain framerate.