Gaming PC too loud? Help!

itsharry888

Hi
This year i bought a gaming PC, with these specs from FIERCE PC.

AMD X4 Athlon 750k 3.4Ghz processor
1TB hard disk
XFX Radeon R7 260X Graphics card
8GB RAM

Most games actually run fine - however the PC is so loud at doing the simplest of tasks, and i was wondering if there were any settings that I could adjust to make them less audible. I have also noticed that the graphics card reaches 70 degrees celcius very quickly and so i am unsure if this is normal, as i have seen many reviews that have suggested that the noise and power of this GPU is very good - but not in my experience. Do i need to purchase better fans for the PC? or has something clearly gone wrong and i should send the PC back to the manufacture? The only review on the PC on amazon was that it was very good - which clearly has not been my opinion as it is difficult to hear myself think whilst playing games that my PC easily has the recommended specs for.

Thanks in advance for you help - here is the link to the PC for those wondering about any other details - [link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

itsharry888

yeah - they just said that they would only offer a refund if something was faulty - and i cant give it back for the minute as i have no replacement PC and i will be stuck without one. Was just wondering if it was meant to be as loud as it was or if the are usually quiet.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
yeah - they just said that they would only offer a refund if something was faulty - and i cant give it back for the minute as i have no replacement PC and i will be stuck without one. Was just wondering if it was meant to be as loud as it was or if the are usually quiet.

I would be very suspicious if there is a single review for the system. Assuming you got it from Amazon try contacting them directly to see what they can do for you.

itsharry888

yep tried all that but returning it for inspection isnt exaclty ideal for me rn as i have no replacement - was just wondering if there was something i can do for example would it help upgrading GPU to Radeon R70X? been thinking about doing that for a while - the gpu's fans are pretty awful