Gaming PC v2!

KyleJones

Few questions about the spec.
1. since it mainly for gaming, i wont need to overclock the cpu gone with i5 3550.
2. gone for a fan controller not sure if i should as i believe the MB has fan xpert 2 which is same i think?
correct me if im wrong. lol
3. kingston ssd over intel 550 as it 40 pound cheaper. and 500gb cav blk more than enough memory for me.
Kingston ssd is just as gd? and reliable?
4. gone with a high airflow case with all fans, i shouldnt need water cooling?
5. also wasnt sure if on v pro MB or sabertooth z77. fan expert 2 on v-pro sold me over it.
what your opinion?
6. gtx 670 cheaper and same as the gtx 680 may upgrade to sli in future when i get more money.

feel free to debate on my questions or help me out thanks.

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3550 (3.3GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V PRO: PCI-E 3.0 READY,WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Fan Controller
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,362.00 including VAT and delivery.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
1. Yep, no OC for gaming
2. It depends on how many fans you can connect to the motherboard, if the fans are connected to the PSU you won't be able to control them with fan xpert
3. kingston is a good choice, I had a kingston SSD and it performed as well as the intel ssd
4. Unless you are planning to OC I do not think you need to upgrade your cpu cooler
5. Fan xpert 2 is also available in the v version. I think the sabertooth z77 is more appropriate if you are planning to OC.
6. The GTX 670 is a good card and the mobo+ psu would allow you to add a 2nd one if needed

Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
Adding to ruben's comment:

2. Personally I think a seperate fan controller does the job better controlling fans than doing it on software. Nothing wrong with the asus fan software, so just some thought :)

4. Yes, air cooling now adays are fine as processors aren't as hot as they once were like in the old days. watercooling is going to cost you a chunk of money. unless you're referring to those self contained liquid coolers which will be fine to go for also.

5. Nothing different between the two, they both will do what it is suppose to do. Only real difference is that the sabertooth has bette cooling capabilities for itself which you can clearly see. The v pro has instead, better precise overclocking tuning power which is just it. the sabertooth doesn't which in return has that guaranteed 5 year life.