Sitherion

Case
CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T FULL TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7740X (4.3GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME: DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI, WIFI - RGB Ready

Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 16GB)

Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready!

2nd Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready!

1st Hard Disk
2TB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

1st M.2 SSD Drive (OS drive)
2TB SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2100MB/W)

Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling
Corsair H80i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans

Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard

Monitor
ASUS 34" ROG Swift PG348Q GAMING MONITOR

Keyboard & Mouse
Razer® Black Widow Chroma X Gaming Keyboard

Mouse
Razer® Mamba 16000 Ambidextrous Wireless Mouse

Gaming Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Hard - Chroma Lighting Gaming Mouse Mat

Headsets
Razer Man O'War 7.1 Chroma Wireless Headset

=============================================

Any suggestions/advice before the order?
In case someone wonders why 7740x is because of its gaming capabilities, which I think is one of the best in series X and of its effective OC.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In case someone wonders why 7740x is because of its gaming capabilities, which I think is one of the best in series X and of its effective OC.
This is a poor choice versus the i7 8700k on the Z370 chipset. Which is better for gaming today, more futureproof thanks to additional cores, and the motherboards are less expensive overall too in general.
JSPqQENb5AWX7fZjTWzbuS-650-80.png

64gb RAM is a total waste. Games barely benefit more from 16gb versus 8gb. 16gb is more than futureproof. By the time 16gb isn't ideal for gaming, it won't matter whether you bought more than 16gb because a) the rest of the system will be a bottleneck and b) we'll be on DDR5 by then anyway.

If you need more than 16gb RAM for uses other than gaming (e.g. professional video editing) then you should set out all of your uses and the software you will be using for proper feedback.

You're buying a 5.1 soundcard despite the motherboard already having 7.1 audio

PCS sell pre-overclocked systems. I'd suggest buying one so you get an overclock covered by the warranty.

The Hero motherboards in all ranges are extremely expensive and offer features that are very niche. e.g. liquid nitrogen CPU cooling support. If you're not using LN2 you may not need those features.

Sitherion

Thanks, I need the RAM because I build deep neural networks and artificial intelligence algorithms. Even 64Gb is considered “mediocre” in size in terms of the data that I am using. Also thanks for the advice for the processor

Sitherion

I did exactly that eventually. You were 100% correct both cost-wise and in terms of performance. Thanks again!
Looking forward to test its capabilities!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Good to hear it helped :) I couldn't offer any opinion on the spec's suitability for machine learning etc (well beyond the things I know about) but you seemed happy with what the demands are there. Keep us posted with how it goes!