Gears of War 3

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Is anybody going to be getting this for their PC?

Is it even being released for PC?

I'm buying it for the ol' Xbox 360 as I've had the previous 2 on Xbox. I am really looking forward to it, the beta was amazing (imo) and the multiplayer may just ruin my relationship. I am considering using the rest of my holiday at work to book a week off and play it solidly [rollinglaugh].

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Well, unless it gets released along with Gears 2, I don't see the third game coming to PC.
I'm definitely picking it up for the 360 though, sadly it comes out the day before I get back from my honeymoon so I'll be a little late to the "game"...

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Well, unless it gets released along with Gears 2, I don't see the third game coming to PC.
I'm definitely picking it up for the 360 though, sadly it comes out the day before I get back from my honeymoon so I'll be a little late to the "game"...

I didn't realise Gears 2 wasn't released. I guess this thread may be in the wrong section then!

You'll have to 'tire' your wife out on the honeymoon so you have plenty of time to catch up the day after!

(Congrats also!)

TudorVII

Enthusiast
You'll have to 'tire' your wife out on the honeymoon so you have plenty of time to catch up the day after!

(Congrats also!)

Well, this is where it gets complicated. The day after I get back from my honeymoon is also the day I can use my press pass to get into Eurogamer Expo, and get hands on with BF3, ME3 etc. etc. :D

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Well, this is where it gets complicated. The day after I get back from my honeymoon is also the day I can use my press pass to get into Eurogamer Expo, and get hands on with BF3, ME3 etc. etc. :D

Too jealous to give actual reply.

:p

NMEBowen

Master Poster
doubt they will bother porting it for pc as windows 8 will play xbox games so it just means upgrading your os when it comes out, but im sure most will just sell there xbox for the os if they have a decent pc whats the point of a xbox if your pc will run the games id guess they will upscale the gfx for windows 8 also.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i personally dont think they will include the games, it will be too much money lost, they will keep xbox 360 and leave windows out of it, they may integrate the two systems slightly but not too play xbox games on PC

NMEBowen

Master Poster
they probably would go ahead with it to make more money i would think it would keep xbox games going for longer expecially if the consoles are pushing for the next gen (the ps3 and 360 are a bit decrepid now).

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if its to keep xbox 360 games alive, then they will add it in after the release of the new xbox, which i doubt will be part of an update, they will probably save it to windows 9 in 2015/2016

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
no real quotes? no statements from microsoft? i think youre fighting for something that is just fake and a rumor

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Rumours are always completely ridiculous, unless they are backed up with proof im not gonna buy into them tbh.

I honestly very much doubt xbox games will be playable on pc, the main reason being graphics, if you stick an xbox game on your pc and say hey, check out thsi awesome game, pc gamers are gonna turn around and say "wow you really suck at making pc games". Graphically it may be suitable for a console, however PCs are miles ahead, hence why different versions of games are created for different platforms.

As well as graphics, theres factors like Direct X, PCs use anythin from 9 - 11 currently, I believe xbox is 9, although I may be wrong.