Geforce 680M to be announced at Computex?

dangro474

Bright Spark
... according to various NBR sources and this post.

The initial 3DM2011 benchmark shown could well be fake, but if it is real then the card underperforms compared to the 7970M :(

marvir

Enthusiast
I don't understand why they'd release it then if it's true. I doesn't make sense any more after the 7970M. I hate how they keep releasing these renamed/rebadged underpowered cards. Unfortunately I will still get Nvidia cards for my 3d work. Probably won't upgrade to this anymore though.. My 675M (when it gets here) will just have to do until I can get myself in a situation where I can actually own a desktop.eh.

Shame. I do hope they surprise us, but with the track record, probably not. They'll probably come out with a 685m out of nowhere like they did with the 485m after I ordered the disappointment that was the 480m.

Bleh.

dangro474

Bright Spark
I ordered the disappointment that was the 480m.

Bleh.

:((((

It's quite possible that the leaked benchmarks are from the canned 680M R1 and that they will announce a revised version of the chip. I twill definitely be a GK104, possibly with more coreds thn the announced 768... or if the specs are indeed correct it could be planned as a 75W GPU with a 100W 685M / 780M to follow.

Join in the speculation here
:D