Genesis IV Card Reader

wilo&#

Hey folks,

Have been using my Genesis IV since November 2012 and still loving it. Today however I went to use the card reader with an SD card to put some firmware on my raspberry pi but when I slot it in my windows (8) laptop doesn't make any noises that a device has been connected.

I haven't used the card reader to date but I do think it is a driver issue. I've tried installing some realtek drivers but still not working.

Any idea what the correct drivers to install are?

AFAIK the model of this is clevo w250enq

Any help appreciated. I don't have a CD drive for this laptop so will have to get a digital download of these drivers if they are about.

pccouk.PNG

Yamikotai

Expert
I have to hold SD cards in there a particular way so that they're read properly. The 5-in-1 moniker is a "kind of, if you're lucky" kind of thing

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
wilo233894 said:
Hey folks,

Have been using my Genesis IV since November 2012 and still loving it. Today however I went to use the card reader with an SD card to put some firmware on my raspberry pi but when I slot it in my windows (8) laptop doesn't make any noises that a device has been connected.

I haven't used the card reader to date but I do think it is a driver issue. I've tried installing some realtek drivers but still not working.

Any idea what the correct drivers to install are?

AFAIK the model of this is clevo w250enq

Any help appreciated. I don't have a CD drive for this laptop so will have to get a digital download of these drivers if they are about.

View attachment 3900

You could try inserting your PCS driver disk and then from Device Manager, right-click on the unknown device and select Update Driver. Tell Windows to browse your computer and then navigate to your PCS driver CD. Ensure the check subfolders box is checked and click Next. Windows should be able to find the appropriate driver on that CD and install it.

If that doesn't work the driver is on the Clevo site (at http://clevo.com/en/e-services/download/ftpout_download.asp?sno=5702&no=3). You need to select model number W25xEN/W25xENQ/W27xEN/W27xENQ and the driver is called the Card Reader Driver for Windows 8.