Genesis IV with SSD

TommyAwesome

I'm looking at getting a Genesis IV laptop with i7 quad core processor, and want to put in my SSD Agility 3 60gb hard drive... Moving the other hard drive to the secondary space...

I have a couple of questions:

1 - how easy is it to get to either hard drive bay - I'm assuming the secondary one is very easy to get to.
2 - Has any tried anything similar (having SSD as primary drive) - Just how much quicker is it??

I currently have/had an Acer laptop, with my SSD as the main drive with Win 7 ultimate installed and a 750gb 5400 hard drive as secondary/storage. It has recently died, hence me needing a new one...

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
There is only one chassis hard drive bay with that laptop so you would need to use the DVD drive bay for a second hard drive.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'm looking at getting a Genesis IV laptop with i7 quad core processor, and want to put in my SSD Agility 3 60gb hard drive... Moving the other hard drive to the secondary space...

I have a couple of questions:

1 - how easy is it to get to either hard drive bay - I'm assuming the secondary one is very easy to get to.
2 - Has any tried anything similar (having SSD as primary drive) - Just how much quicker is it??

I currently have/had an Acer laptop, with my SSD as the main drive with Win 7 ultimate installed and a 750gb 5400 hard drive as secondary/storage. It has recently died, hence me needing a new one...

1- it is easy to access, just unscrew the back cover.
2- around 25 seconds to boot windows, it also speeds up other applications/games you have in the SSD

TommyAwesome

Thanks for both replies... i knew about using the dvd drive bay - that's not a problem - a pain, but not a problem. I assume there is no PCS laptops with two hdd bays and room for dvd rom??

TommyAwesome

ah... that's above my price limit!! well.... if I want to stay married and have regular contact with my child, it's above my limit...

Still thinking about it though!!!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Thanks for both replies... i knew about using the dvd drive bay - that's not a problem - a pain, but not a problem. I assume there is no PCS laptops with two hdd bays and room for dvd rom??
15.6" Optimus III
17.3" SkyFire II
The 17.3" Vortex III

TommyAwesome

hmmm... Just looked at the sizes of the Gensis IV and Optimus III, the Optimus seems a lot thicker... Not sure if I'd like that...decisions decisions!!