Gigabit LAN & Wireless driver?

WixxyB

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an Optimus laptop and it seems to have lost the driver for the "Gigabit LAN & Wireless" module (the default option in the specification selector). I have tried to install the driver from the DVD that came with the system with no luck, could you let me know what make and model is being installed in these laptops so I can try to source a driver for myself?

Thanks.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You say lost the driver, as in its not showing up in the device manager anymore kind of thing? or is it showing up but with no driver?

it would be unusual for a working part to just loose a working driver, not impossible but if all was ok the CD would re install it perfectly fine. I think you may have bigger issues here.

Are you getting it showing up in device manager? What do you get when you try to install from the DVD?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's probably an Intel card if it's the default in the configurator. The easiest way to get the right driver for Intel stuff is to run the Intel Driver Update Utility at http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect. This will scan your laptop and identify any devices that have updated or missing drivers, it also allows you to download the correct driver of course. The utility runs as a Java applet so you'll need Java installed and you'll probably have to allow the applet to run (depending on how you have your browser configured). As long as you're certain you're on the Intel site you can safely run anything they ask you to.