Gigabyte VS Nvidia - any difference?

Wildnomad

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any difference between an Nvidia RTX 3080 Geforce GPU and a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Geforce GPU?

Kind regards
Mike.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I didn't. I ordered an Nvidia. Now my machine has arrived and I see that it's a Gigabyte 3080 not an Nvidia 3080. Just wanted to know if there is a difference in performance?

Ah yes, that's fairly typical. In the main PCS supply Palait & Zotac but they will purchase the brands that they can get.

The Nvidia definition is the type of card that it is. The main chip on your card is the NVidia 3080. The Board itself is designed by Gigabyte.

Performance wise the difference between an Nvidia reference card and a Gigabyte/Palait/Zotac/etc offering will tend to be very similar. You will often get a slight performance bump with the AIB partners due to slightly higher power offerings & less restrictive boost.

Long and short of it, you've done well ;)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didn't. I ordered an Nvidia. Now my machine has arrived and I see that it's a Gigabyte 3080 not an Nvidia 3080. Just wanted to know if there is a difference in performance?
They are all Nvidia GPU mate

Different manufacturers take Nvidia boards and then apply their own shrouds and cooling methods. I think you might be talking about a founders edition which Nvidia themselves do make. These are very limited supply and almost surely all gone, the only UK supplier of them is Scan mate and they are very rare

Gigabyte though make very decent cards mate so you got a good one