Good for Rainbow Six Siege 1080p 60fps on ultra?

Case
THERMALTAKE V200 TEMPERED GLASS RGB EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X470-PLUS GAMING (DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 Ti - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
FREE Geforce Fortnite bundle w/ select GTX cards
1st Storage Drive
500GB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 16MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE
Headsets
Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma v2 Gaming Headset
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 5 to 7 working days
Quantity

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh?

What’s your max budget and how much did this come to?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
max budget is around 1,400 and it came to 1,268 (after VAT)

Really you should consider upgrading your monitor as that one is going to be a bottleneck to any modern system.

A 144hz Gsync 1440p monitor is a good one to go for.

I'll leave the build suggestion to someone else.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
so it's better to upgrade my graphics and monitor in around a year's time?

I would personally buy something to get you by at the moment as a year down the line, the graphics card scene is going to change massively.

AMD are releasing their 7nm architecture next year, so AMD cards are going to be a lot more competitive, nVidia aren't doing so well with the 2000 series cards, so prices should return semi decent if they want to remain competitive with AMD. This is all speculation obviously, but my point is, there's no point buying a card which you won't use for a year, because when it comes to the time you have a more capable monitor, there will be much better cards out that offer new technologies.

What's your current graphics card?

stgnats

Is this worth it?

At the moment, I want to get a pc with a gtx 1070 ti, but for 1080p gaming, I've been advised to get a 1060. My monitor is only 60Hz but i will be upgrading it in about a year and a half. Is it worth it to overpower my system, then buy my monitor, or is it worth it to get a 1060 (6GB btw) then upgrade to a 1070 ti and get the new monitor. The new monitor will be 1080p or 1440p @ 144Hz.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
At the moment, I want to get a pc with a gtx 1070 ti, but for 1080p gaming, I've been advised to get a 1060. My monitor is only 60Hz but i will be upgrading it in about a year and a half. Is it worth it to overpower my system, then buy my monitor, or is it worth it to get a 1060 (6GB btw) then upgrade to a 1070 ti and get the new monitor. The new monitor will be 1080p or 1440p @ 144Hz.

For 1080p 60hz, you don’t need more than a 1060.

But then upgrading to a 1070ti would just be mental as they’re the old range surpassed but the 2000 series cards and in a year and a half we’d be on 3000 series cards which would aim at 1440p 144hz minimum with 4K being premium.

1080p is old, kinda wasted on new cards (especially at 60hz).

Basically, you’re currently using a 2010 screen and buying a 2016 graphics card. You don’t need more than a mid range modern graphics card to run it.

But in a year and a half, buy a good 1440p 144hz or even 4K 144hz monitor and you’ll need a lot more power to run it.

stgnats

Best 1080p graphics card?

I was wondering what the best graphics card will run 1080p 60Hz monitor on high or ultra settings

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was wondering what the best graphics card will run 1080p 60Hz monitor on high or ultra settings

Please stick to one thread so people can see the history.... the story hasn't changed magically, the card still performs the same and the benchmarks given are still the same ie the GTX 1060 is overpowered for your monitor, but the best option.