Got brand new fans. Lian Li Unifan AL120

loso64

So i just upgraded my fans to this beautiful new fans.

This fans not only look absolutely incredibly, but they daisy chain together so there is only two cables to manage for set of 4 fans (one for led one for fan).
The RGB is stunning and the performance is mind-blowing.

Compared to the original PCS fans that i had the temps went down by 6-7 degrees during maximum torture stress test. Went from thermal throttling to staying under 84 degree. The noise under full speed is just wind blowing as if there was a draft. When normally using pc or playing games there is literally zero noise. They are on par with Noctue NF-A12 noise wise. Loving this upgrade.

The crappy PCS fans were noisy, on two of the fans the bearing was already failing and making rattling sounds just after 3-4 months of use.
For anyone thinking of upgrading fans with the order, do so, the provided PCS fans are terrible.

20210927_140354.jpg

loso64

Also finally a fans that look stunning from both front and back. No more instruction warning sticker at the back and nice symmetrical design of the cross fan holder, they also have beautiful black metal and brush aluminum edging on the side, so they look stunning on the two 360 radiators of mine

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also finally a fans that look stunning from both front and back. No more instruction warning sticker at the back and nice symmetrical design of the cross fan holder, they also have beautiful black metal and brush aluminum edging on the side, so they look stunning on the two 360 radiators of mine
These are the fans I'm looking at for my new build, you're the first person I've known who's got some.

Are they controllable via icue?

loso64

These are the fans I'm looking at for my new build, you're the first person I've known who's got some.

Are they controllable via icue?
So there are two ways to control them from what i understand.
A: you connect all the fan cables to the controller (can support up to 16 fans) and you control the speeds via Lian Li L-Connect 2.0 software
B: you just connect all the fan cables as usual to your mobo, this is what i did, had 3 cables for my 7 fans, daisy chained them all to single connector CPU header and let motherboard handle it.

C: might be possible to do the same i did with my setup but connect it to icue controller instead? i dont see why that would not work, but this is speculation

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So there are two ways to control them from what i understand.
A: you connect all the fan cables to the controller (can support up to 16 fans) and you control the speeds via Lian Li L-Connect 2.0 software
B: you just connect all the fan cables as usual to your mobo, this is what i did, had 3 cables for my 7 fans, daisy chained them all to single connector CPU header and let motherboard handle it.

C: might be possible to do the same i did with my setup but connect it to icue controller instead? i dont see why that would not work, but this is speculation
Ah, it does seem you have to use the lian li rgb suite. Not that that's a bad thing at all, just would need to replace all my fans.

For the daisy chaining alone though, these are so worth it.

loso64

Ah, it does seem you have to use the lian li rgb suite. Not that that's a bad thing at all, just would need to replace all my fans.

For the daisy chaining alone though, these are so worth it.
actually i am not using anything from the lian li software, i bypassed all. Let my Mobo handle both RGB and Fan speed.
I do still have the controller hub installed, just in case i fancy more custom looking rgb scheme. But the program has an option that bypasses it all to motherboard.

The software itself just gives you special rgb schemes, that is all. If you bypass it like me, all is controller by motherboard or other stuff where you connect the fans, no proprietary stuff