Got my brand new Vortex III today, but have 2 questions...

outsider7

The laptop is brilliant but I have 2 questions.

When I run furmark, it says the GPU (660M) is being throttled to 815mhz?...

On the driver disc and a sticker on my laptop is "THX TruStudio Pro" But it asks for a serial key after installation and I dont have one?

Thanks guys

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The standard specifications for the 660M are 835MHz. I'm not sure why your system is displayed 815MHz but we do not underclock there chassis ourselves. Perhaps another Vortex III LE owner can confirm if this is occurring on their chassis? I will check and come back you you tomorrow.

If provided I imagine this is on the CD itself - I will check and come back you you tomorrow.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
When I run furmark, it says the GPU (660M) is being throttled to 815mhz?...

I would suggest against using furmark, heard it can damage GPU's, im not sure if its true or not, but its enough for me to not want to run it.

Also I suggest you download GPU-Z from techpowerup, it will allow to observe all that kinda stuff, and will probably give you more accurate readings than furmark.

you can download it here -http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
I'd suggest checking the clocks during gaming. Both AMD and NVIDIA are nowadays including parametres that throttle GPUS in burn benchmarks such as furmark.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I was unable to check the chassis today but my colleague Meds will come back to you as soon as possible.

Oxy

The laptop is brilliant but I have 2 questions.

On the driver disc and a sticker on my laptop is "THX TruStudio Pro" But it asks for a serial key after installation and I dont have one?

Thanks guys

I'm sure I just clicked register once I installed the THX program, it it has the reg included even though you cant see it

Meds

Just a quick update to say I've not forgotten about this thread, I'll hopefully get some info across very soon.

Meds

Better late than never!

I've run GPU-Z on the Vortex III LE Chassis and confirm that the GPU runs at 835MHz

660M.PNG

I asked the technicians about the entering a serial key during installation and they've said you shouldn't need one if you use the software off the driver/application CD provided with the laptop.

Hope this helps.

Meds.

Rangs

Bronze Level Poster
I'm sure I just clicked register once I installed the THX program, it it has the reg included even though you cant see it

When you install THX, an Icon named 'Activate' will appear on the desktop. you need to click that, and that is when the application is registered online. Once activated, the icon will disappear.