got plenty of bandwidth so why is it hanging?

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

getting a little frustrated, when accessing the internet, using google chrome, my pc takes forever to load a web page. And if I move on to another page from m homepage, it just hangs altogether.

I do notice that lots of things are happening in the status bar, and I suspect this is where the problem lies.....for instance...

....if I'm on my home page, and I click Facebook, the status bar shows 'ping.chartbeat.com'... and I suspect this is some advertising website chrome has remembered. But this is one of many names that come up every time I punch in a site that I want to get to.

Is there any way I can stop this happening. Things improve a little if I clear browsing history but only a little.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Download Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org and do a full scan of the system for malware, sounds like you may have some bugs.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Either that or get spybot search and destroy.

Both mentioned will scan your machine for malware and adbots etc and remove them, these are nto always picked up by actual virus scanners so it is handy to run a malware scan regularly as well