GPD Win 4 - Sincere competitor to the Steam Deck

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is worth a look, very early unit so nothings finalised yet.

Full handheld windows PC.

A lot smaller at 6" 1080p IPS screen.

$800 at the lower end though. But has a Ryzen 6800U which is Zen 3+ plus has an extra 4 GPU cores, so should perform better. Bear in mind as well, the Steam Deck was priced (and built) before inflation really gripped.

It's currently an Indiegogo promotion, but apparently these guys have released good stuff in the past.

Includes USB 4! Apparently it's NOT a ubiquitous thunderbolt connector as we'd been led to believe.

I think also we're really starting to see micro speaker technology leap into the mainstream which is such good news, believe it or not, Apple are the ones to thank for that unquestionably.

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Holy kerschmoly. That’s seriously impressive stuff if it’s viable. I wish I had the expendable income to be an early adopter on these kind of tech innovations.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Holy kerschmoly. That’s seriously impressive stuff if it’s viable. I wish I had the expendable income to be an early adopter on these kind of tech innovations.
To cram that much power into such a small chassis is nothing short of remarkable, I guess at the core of it, it really is a testament to AMD's Ryzen efficiency and SOC graphics capabilities.