GPT Header Corruption Asus BIOS

ShadowDragon25

When I turn on my desktop it states there is a GPT Header Corruption. Then enters the UEFI BIOS for Asus. Any advice on how to fix this? It tells me to go into SATA settings or Boot Recovery. Not sure where to find either of those.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When I turn on my desktop it states there is a GPT Header Corruption. Then enters the UEFI BIOS for Asus. Any advice on how to fix this? It tells me to go into SATA settings or Boot Recovery. Not sure where to find either of those.
GPT is the partition structure on the drive, sounds like somehow it’s got corrupted.

First thing to do is create a bootable windows usb from here (you need an 8gb usb minimum):

Then boot off that and do a startup repair.

Then once you're in windows it's best to do a full system scan with malwarebytes to make sure there's nothing nasty that's caused the corruption:

ShadowDragon25

Starup Repair didn't happen. Have set Boot to Auto Recovery. Boots fine now. The malware bytes did a quarantine.

Ran the chkdsk/f command and this is what I got.

"Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or
the disk may be locked by another process.
You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode
and make sure the disk is unlocked."

Any ideas?
My login is the administrator and only account on the system.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Starup Repair didn't happen. Have set Boot to Auto Recovery. Boots fine now. The malware bytes did a quarantine.

Ran the chkdsk/f command and this is what I got.

"Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or
the disk may be locked by another process.
You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode
and make sure the disk is unlocked."

Any ideas?
My login is the administrator and only account on the system.
You have to open the cmd window as administrator, you’ll also need to turn of “controlled folder access” in security settings.

What kind of virus did malwarebytes find? It should say alongside it in the quarantine.

ShadowDragon25

These are the steps I do.

1) Click Windows icon/start
2) Settings
3) Update and security
4) Windows security
5) Virus and threat protection

Then see below screenshot

Am I doing anything wrong?

1588529815738.png