GPU - 3090 pairing with a monitor

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Hey :)

I have on my build a RTX 3090 STRIX. I do plan on getting a high spec monitor when they are released later this year.

My question is if I use my current monitor will I have problems/issues? the model is: BenQ PD2700Q 27 Inch IPS LED Designer Monitor, 2560x1440 QHD

worth mentioning my setup was purchased for Blender Visual rendering.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey :)

I have on my build a RTX 3090 STRIX. I do plan on getting a high spec monitor when they are released later this year.

My question is if I use my current monitor will I have problems/issues? the model is: BenQ PD2700Q 27 Inch IPS LED Designer Monitor, 2560x1440 QHD

worth mentioning my setup was purchased for Blender Visual rendering.
It’s not a gaming monitor so has no variable refresh rate. But that’s beside the point anyway as the GPU will max it in every game at full settings, just make sure to apply VSync in the game settings which caps the max refresh rate to that of the screen and it should reduce screen tearing.

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
It’s not a gaming monitor so has no variable refresh rate. But that’s beside the point anyway as the GPU will max it in every game at full settings, just make sure to apply VSync in the game settings which caps the max refresh rate to that of the screen and it should reduce screen tearing.
Thanks for that info. Gave me a few things also to google interested in one screeen tearing is!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for that info. Gave me a few things also to google interested in one screeen tearing is!
The only other thing that may occur is a bit of ghosting which is where you get bluriness between frames, although it’s very likely you won’t as it’s quite a high quality panel.

Other than that I’d expect colours and brightness to pop, should look pretty good.