GPU Died?

petrow

Gold Level Poster
So I've had no issues with my laptop since I got it 2-3 months ago. Tonight, just as I was about to finish some work and shut down I got a BSOD. I rebooted and noticed hat in my taskbar, the Nvidia symbol had a ! on it. The device manger says; "This device cannot start. (Code 10)."

I uninstalled the drivers for the card, rebooted and it automatically installed again, rebooted and again the same issue. Now it doesn't recognise it as a Nvidia card but as "(Standard display types)." The error is still visible. I haven't had this issue before so can't really give much more information on it unless someone explains how to find it. I took a printscreen of the below:

ERROR.png

Thanks

Last edited:

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Thanks Ceuotc, i don't know why but I didn't even think of doing a restore, which fixed the problem. I ran 3DMARK06 and it gave me the same scores I got when I bought the laptop (+/- a few) so it all seems back to normal.

Pete

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Thanks Ceuotc, i don't know why but I didn't even think of doing a restore, which fixed the problem. I ran 3DMARK06 and it gave me the same scores I got when I bought the laptop (+/- a few) so it all seems back to normal.

Pete

Np mate glad l could help.

Regards.

C.