GPU fan stuck at low RPM under load

Orpheus

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there, hope you guys are doing well.

I do a lot of 3D rendering with my computer and everything is fine, temps and fan speeds are always in check and I make sure of it (with Afterburner, HWinfo, custom fan curves via Clevo Control Center etc). Today, like any other day, I wanted to render a scene but I noticed an usual GPU hotspot temperature, it usually sits around 65°C and this time it was at 75 to 80°C by just navigating the scene itself, not even rendering anything.

By putting my hand on the GPU fan grill, I couldn't feel any air or just very little hot air.
On Clevo Control Center, when I set the fans to maximum speed, they both respond (around 5076 RPM) but when I set them back to normal the GPU fan immediatly jumps back to 1300-ish RPM, while the CPU fan is still taking time to go back to its idle value.

Am I facing a broken fan here ? It's not making any rattling noise or anything and I do clean it regularly so..
Nothing changed in my workflow from yesterday to today, it just seems to have happened overnight.
I thought it was the newest Nvidia driver (528.49) so I reverted back to the one I knew always worked (528.02) but the issue is still there.
If that's the case, I wouldn't really know how to get the same model, they seem hard to come by (and I'm not under warranty anymore).

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thank you !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Fan Model.jpg
    Fan Model.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 54