gpu fps and temp concerns

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi guys got two gtx670, and i just got a feeling something aint right, and kinda hard to explain,. i have v sync on so only going to display 60 fps. but gpu temperatures are at about 52 -58 c and this seems a bit high to me and of course the fans are going faster which you would expect but i never used to get this increase in fan speed about a week ago with v sync on , system was nice and quiet .the normal noise that you get from gpus fane sounds a little differnt just louder really and am a little concerned. just seems that the gpu are getting a little bit to warm when they start to do any work, i am looking at gpuz read out and it says both fans are working but even on desktop doing nothing 38c would u say thats right. have got latest drivers , cleaned install as well, even at this moment while typing this the noise from the fans was still louder than what it was say a week ago. could it be dust in them already and needs some compressed air sprayed in ? . sorry if this sounds confusing, but it is to me as well, but i just think there is something not right or maybe gpu fan bearing maybe or something on its way out, thanks for your time.

Marks

Bronze Level Poster
Do you have any external influences that could alter it?

Its getting cold now and radiators are being used, this can put up temps a fair bit if the air intakes are near the heat source for example.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I assume the temperatures you get are when gaming, those are normal to me. You could try adjusting the fan speed to reduce the noise.

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thanks for the reply guys, its just they are running hotter now than they was about a week ago, and have noticed a big drop in fps, even with v sync on i should be able to get full 60 fps but only getting about 40, and just little concerned its a gpu issue, have not moved pc so no external influence in temperature, no radiators are on at moment, if anything they should be cooler, but they are just running warmer than normal , basically a week ago with vsync on the fan speed never increased from 30 percent, now cardsa are running hotter so fans are increasing . so to me if they are getting hotter , and there is no external heat source affecting it, there must be an issue why they are running hotter,

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Those temps are fine, youve got a good 30c on top of that before you should be getting worried, it may be that dust has started to build up in your PC as well

baron75mk2

Banned
Those temps are fine under load , my gtx 680s (sli ) can reach temps in to the mid 70s whilst gaming (Under load) , these cards are made to operate at high temps , only time to worry is if they hit the 90s as for the fps drop in a particular game this can be down to a whole slew of other possibilities - not necessarily card related :)