GPU hitting 100% and crashing to desktop

So I got desktop, I've been running it smoothly with no issues. Even managed to get round to playing some games on the system, running games like assassin's creed Valhalla, watchdogs, Minecraft and battlefield smoothly on pretty high 4k settings.
Now I've been trying to install msfs2020 for a week, but I've noticed when I boot the 1.3gb launcher it has it gets near a menu hits 100% usage and crashes to the desktop, I have seen other people not being able to get the SIM to work either. Now would you say this is this a software issue, driver issue or worse I need a stronger PSU. I've had no other crashing anywhere else. Benchmarked the desktop a few times with no issues either.
Edit: I have the system running the most up to date drivers and windows OS updates. Nor have I or going to attempt a oc on the GPU because I'm aware that doing so would void my warranty with pcs.

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™ i9-10900K 10 Core (3.7GHz @ up to 5.1GHz)
OC BIOS FIle
Download Overclock BIOS File
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO Wi-Fi (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP (Xmas delivery not guaranteed)

1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Change to: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Cheers but unfortunately I've already gone through the advice.😭 I'll just hope that a patch of some sort in the future fixes it.
I took a quick look through that list at this one stood out...

Slow or intermittent connection.​

Some players may experience keeps crashing issues with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 if their internet connection is slow or constantly disconnecting. Keep in mind that this game regularly downloads data from Microsoft servers while you’re at play. If your internet connection speed is not enough or keeps dropping, the system may hit a snag and crash unexpectedly.

You'd do well to run a quality speed test that measures not just speed and latency but jitter as well (jitter is the variation in latency and can have an impact if it's large). I use the Cloudflare speed test at https://speed.cloudflare.com. Assuming that everything else on your system is good (as you suggest it is) then this may well be your problem...?

I took a quick look through that list at this one stood out...

You'd do well to run a quality speed test that measures not just speed and latency but jitter as well (jitter is the variation in latency and can have an impact if it's large). I use the Cloudflare speed test at https://speed.cloudflare.com. Assuming that everything else on your system is good (as you suggest it is) then this may well be your problem...?
Thanks for your input! Didn't cross my mind that the internet connection may have been the fault. Ran the speed test results came back as follows. 68.8Mbs download to 21.0Mbs upload, latency was 15.4ms and jitter was 5.4ms.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Agreed, they look very healthy :) you’re one of the lucky few, we’re still stuck on 36gb download max...
Just to rub salt into your wounds, I've just got a free* upgrade to Virgin's 600mb service 🥳

10496564254.png

* free...until they push a price rise through to pay for network improvements

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My current ISP has been doing a good job! Thanks for the assistance! And bloody hell do you live next door to them?🤣
They offered me the 1Gig service, but I said 500Mbps was fast enough...and then a month later I start seeing these speed fluctuation on my broadband monitor (SamKnows Whitebox) and then got an email to say there was a free speed boost.

I'd happily take a decrease in download for an increase in upload - 300/300 would be perfect for WFH.

Gavras

Master Poster
Bit like cars and BHP you can never have too much internet speed, luckily virgin do 1 Gig around here.