GPU Output Slots (Confused!)

Hi Guys,

I Have recently purchased a new gpu - a gigabyte turbo oc gtx 1080 and receiving it today:eek: . I have noticed that compared to my previous gpu (zotac gtx 1050 ti) the output slots for my new card are above each other, whereas my previous card had a single layer and could fit on the back of my case slot. I'm still quite new to this, but would I need modify the grid at the back of my case so it could fit or will the new gnu use 2 single slots of the case.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense :p

Cheers

Jack

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Guys,

I Have recently purchased a new gpu - a gigabyte turbo oc gtx 1080 and receiving it today:eek: . I have noticed that compared to my previous gpu (zotac gtx 1050 ti) the output slots for my new card are above each other, whereas my previous card had a single layer and could fit on the back of my case slot. I'm still quite new to this, but would I need modify the grid at the back of my case so it could fit or will the new gnu use 2 single slots of the case.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense :p

Cheers

Jack

It will use 2 single slots. Some of the more powerfull cards are double height and some (although very few) are triple slot.