GPU Question

Over the past few weeks, I've been looking into breaking into PC Gaming for the first time, and I've been seeking advice on this forum and elsewhere regarding builds. I have a build in mind, and as part of it, I've decided to go for a GTX1660Ti as my GPU, nothing spectacular, I know.

Obviously I've titled this thread "GPU Question" - so what's the question about the GPU that I have?

The question is "when I order a certain card as part of my build, what model will it be, is it standardised? Or is it a case of getting whatever is available?"

It's not going to make or break my build, but one thing that I have come to learn in the past few weeks is that each type of card has various different models by several manufactures with their own little differences (clock speed, fan layout, physical size, etc.) - so I am a little curious as to what it is that we get.

If this isn't in the right section, I do apologise, and if it can be moved, please feel free to do so.

Thanks in advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS normally stock Palit or Zotac or reference model cards. It could be anyone of these.

If you want a specific card, you can always specify in the build "I have my own graphics card" and then just fit your own.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's not going to make or break my build, but one thing that I have come to learn in the past few weeks is that each type of card has various different models by several manufactures with their own little differences (clock speed, fan layout, physical size, etc.) - so I am a little curious as to what it is that we get.

Key word there being "little".

The performance differences will be minimal, especially versus the highly inflated prices of higher end models of a particular graphics card. e.g. a really high end 2060 Super costs so much you might as well buy a 2070. So from a performance to £ point of view, if buying a 2060 (super), a regular, reference clocked one is about as good anyway.

There are differences that while little can matter a lot to some people. e.g. idle fan stop. However the fans are generally pretty quiet at least for the more mid range GPUs like a 2060 such that idle stop isn't necessarily such a big deal even to those who are sensitive to noise.