GPU thermal throttling

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
Hi all,

I have had my Octane 3 laptop since 2016. I have cleaned out the dust on a regular basis but recently noticing that it doesn't get the FPS it once used to. I've not changed the thermal paste in this time so would that be the reason it's thermal throttling? GPU temps get to 90-91c and thermal throttles. Also take it this is likely why the fps isn't that great anymore?

I have no over or under clock/volt applied.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

I have had my Octane 3 laptop since 2016. I have cleaned out the dust on a regular basis but recently noticing that it doesn't get the FPS it once used to. I've not changed the thermal paste in this time so would that be the reason it's thermal throttling? GPU temps get to 90-91c and thermal throttles. Also take it this is likely why the fps isn't that great anymore?

I have no over or under clock/volt applied.
Yeah, that's way too high on the GPU.

What's the CPU temps? If the CPU is overheating it may well be affecting the GPU temps.

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, that's way too high on the GPU.

What's the CPU temps? If the CPU is overheating it may well be affecting the GPU temps.
can't remember did cpu temps earlier on in the day. I've put new thermal paste on. Seeing pretty good fps improvements. GPU still hits 90 with MSI kombustor though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
can't remember did cpu temps earlier on in the day. I've put new thermal paste on. Seeing pretty good fps improvements. GPU still hits 90 with MSI kombustor though.
So if you can monitor the CPU and GPU temps when idle and when under load with HWMonitor:

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
Another thing is the control center is missing. I've tried installing latest version from clevo's website but doesn't run on startup and no system tray icon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another thing is the control center is missing. I've tried installing latest version from clevo's website but doesn't run on startup and no system tray icon.
Can you take a screenshot of the download you're doing on the clevo site?

And what's the clevo model number?

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
Can you take a screenshot of the download you're doing on the clevo site?

And what's the clevo model number?

My model number is P775DM3-G. I made sure to install the correct version. It installs but doesn't run at start up, no system tray icon even after manually launching the program and some features are missing in the UI like I can't access the keyboard colour controls unless I like Kbcolour in the control center folder. I'm gonna back up my programs that are on the C: drive then do a clean windows 10 install. All my games and files are on my D: drive so shouldn't lose anything hopefully. Also Nvidia Shadow play doesn't work after reboot, I have to install Experience again for it to work, otherwise it says it can't be turned on. Ik most people advise against using Experience but I have a few games that don't have FPS view options and aren't on steam so the Nvidia overlay gives me FPS without having to install more software. I've tried ever fix online near enough and nothing solves it so hopefully a clean install will fix that too.