Grand Theft Auto 5 Problems?

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Hi guys, haven't been on the forum in quite a while but noticed the screenshot thread has picked up again which is great!

But I'm having a few problems with GTA 5, I had a few mods installed for singleplayer which were preventing me from going online, instead of going through and manually finding everything I put in,I deleted every filed I knew I had changed or added to and used the repair function from my disc.

When I opened the game after the repair it now goes black and crashes every time...

Is my only option to completely uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks!

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
You could go into steam (assuming you bought it from steam) and go into your games library, right click GTA V and click properties. Click on the Local files tab in the window that pops up and click the button that says "Verify integrity of game cache". This may take an hour or so but will be quicker than reinstalling the game. If it still doesn't work there is something you can delete but forget what it was. I had a similar issue where I stupidly didn't backup some files in OpenIV and deleted the wrong file and this worked for me so worth a shot.

If not let me know and also did you install any graphic enhancing mods?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You could go into steam (assuming you bought it from steam) and go into your games library, right click GTA V and click properties. Click on the Local files tab in the window that pops up and click the button that says "Verify integrity of game cache". This may take an hour or so but will be quicker than reinstalling the game. If it still doesn't work there is something you can delete but forget what it was. I had a similar issue where I stupidly didn't backup some files in OpenIV and deleted the wrong file and this worked for me so worth a shot.

If not let me know and also did you install any graphic enhancing mods?

+1 for verify integrity of game cache, should repair any lost files.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Hi There, I didn't purchase through steam, decided to buy on disc because of the sheer download size and my internet speeds... I tried using the repair function on the disc with no luck :/

I had to do a complete reinstall to get the game working, but thanks for the help :)

fic

It is not only about deleting files that You have added earlier. You have also probably exchanged some files... Thats why I always recommend to keep a backup of full original fresh program somewhere.

With GTAV from Rockstar I have the download version from them & I have another account using Steam version

You have to be very carefull about making a backup Rockstar version of GTAV as I have done it a few times & as soon as I have switched the drive on with the backup the Rockstar copyright trojan thingy has deleted my backup, the only way round this is to disconnect the internet while doing a backup then restoring it.

No i have a faster internet so can just download in less than 2 hours while playing on the Steam version

Even though you have disc version it still needs updates from Rockstar i assume.