Graphical error upon startup of Windows

Jake0307

I have recorded a 4 minute video in order for you to see the problem I am having.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slqyi6LTjL0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I experience a lengthy (3-5 minute) delay when booting up my computer (Windows 7), due to a graphical glitch. It takes longer and longer every time, too, as if the problem is worsening with every start up. It feels as if something is having to warm up before it can display the full image. It only started doing this 2/3 weeks ago, and I had this computer built just 10 months ago (Dec'13/Jan'14). I don't think it's an error with the monitor because you can see that it displays the BenQ LED banner perfectly when I switch it on. It's when Windows starts up that the display starts glitching.

Can anyone suggest a diagnosis, and/or suggest ways of fixing it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer stats here:
Motherboard: ASUS® H81M-E: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
CPU: Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
RAM: 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T

Other details are available upon request, I only listed the 5 components that I think are relevant.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would try another monitor to start with, just to rule it out. It may not be the monitor per se, perhaps the port you're using is glitch.

Jake0307

I have tried 2 things since posting the OP.

1) I tried a different cable. I was using a DVI before, and tried it with a HDMI, and I had the same problem, so it's not the wire.

2) I have a TV, tried it, and it worked perfectly fine.

It's definitely the monitor at fault, which is a damn shame. I've only had this monitor for 1 year 9 months, and it cost me £250~. I hope BenQ can still help me out a bit even though it's past the standard 1 year warranty.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm sure BenQ will sort it under warranty. They are a cheap brand, but I think they're customer service is pretty good.