Graphics Card Upgrade?

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Looking on PCS's website to see what upgrades they offer for my laptop. There's all sorts on there, CPUs, hard drives, RAM, but there are no options under graphics card.
I was thinking of upgrading to the newer GTX 980M, ready for some high res gaming on GTA V. Do you think I need it or should I stick with what I have?
And is it even possible?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looking on PCS's website to see what upgrades they offer for my laptop. There's all sorts on there, CPUs, hard drives, RAM, but there are no options under graphics card.
I was thinking of upgrading to the newer GTX 980M, ready for some high res gaming on GTA V. Do you think I need it or should I stick with what I have?
And is it even possible?

The limitation for gpu upgrades is the availability of a bios to accept the new card in the chassis. I don't believe PCS offer GPU upgrades in laptops, but there are 3rd party sites that will supply the cards, but then you'll need to contact PCS to see if they'll supply a bios, if not you have to resort to a modified bios which will void warranty. Your card is still pretty current and high end, I'd hold off for a little while.

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster
Okay thanks. I'll leave it for now, and maybe contact them in the future, if I do want to upgrade.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay thanks. I'll leave it for now, and maybe contact them in the future, if I do want to upgrade.

There are Eurocom who stock replacement graphics cards for the Vortex (I believe your model is the P150sm-a), if you look further down the list, there are some options. Bloody expensive though as you'll see.