Graphics Card

Roy03

Hi I'm looking to build a new Desktop PC and not sure what graphics card to install? In my shortlist I've got AMD R7 250 2GB, NVidia GeForce GT740 2GB and an AMD R7 240 2GB. I don't play games, I just watch DVD's, play music and surf the web plus a little bit of photo editing Any thoughts or better options, but the budget is fairly limited
many thanks

steaky360

Hi Roy, I don't think it will make much of a difference really if not gaming, but I dont do any photo editing so maybe the graphics card plays some kind of role there? Sorry this reply probably doesn't really help....

Spuff

Expert
I don't think a GPU makes any appreciable difference for a bit of photo editing. I'm pretty sure my work in Lightroom is all processed on the CPU, the GPU will make no difference to the quality of the photo display.
For watching DVD's, playing music and surfing the web plus a little bit of photo editing the integrated graphics of a CPU that has that facility should be fine.
Certainly you can just try the integrated graphics and if that is not sufficient you can get then get a GPU.

Last edited: