Graphics cards help?

javery

Hey i have been looking to get a new gaming computer.. and have been looking at the new GTX 580 card.. now it does seem to be a really good card.. but i was wondering if there is another option i could take such as crossfire card or SLI which would give me better results and cost me around the same price?.. i would be really greatful if anyone could give me a hand.. thanks!

Gorman

Author Level
Hi

In my opinion you are always better off getting the highest end card you can afford and not two or more lower cards.

This allows you to avoid any issues associated with multiple gpu setups and gives you the upgrade path of adding an extra card in later on.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Like Gorman said it would be better to get the highest performing card you can now but if you're just interested in the most performance you can get right now for your money crossfiring two HD6950's would provide you with a lot more performance and would cost the same amount.

Stappa

Enthusiast
Hey i have been looking to get a new gaming computer.. and have been looking at the new GTX 580 card.. now it does seem to be a really good card.. but i was wondering if there is another option i could take such as crossfire card or SLI which would give me better results and cost me around the same price?.. i would be really greatful if anyone could give me a hand.. thanks!

Hi my system came with a KFA2 GTX 580(won Custom PC Best GTX 580 Award)they think (CPC) that the 580 will play all games on "Ultra" for the next 2-3 years??and Med-High settings for maybe 5-6 years or so(my old 8800 GT still playes BFBC2/NTW on med/high)??as Gor Said go for the best card u can afford(the new 570 looks tasty and its £100 cheaper than it's big brother)?

javery

Ok then sounds good to me.. thanks for the advice all! i think i will just keep to the GTX 580 then..