Graphics cards & processor graphics

deh-cheesekake

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, this is a 2 part question:

1st part:

Would I be ok with processor graphics? I ask this because I have seen some of the things that AMDs APUs can do and they seem to be able to compete with the older graphics cards from both nvidia and ATI. I wish to be able to run valve games (TF2/hl2) on high end setting whilst maintaining a decent number of FPSes. If this is the case then can anyone tell me if the new intel ivy bridge processors have good enough graphics to compete with AMDs Liano (is that ho its spelt?) processors

2nd part:

As I love video games and would in the future like to be able to upgrade to a 2GB GTX 560, for better performance, and I would like to know if (amusing I have the right number of watts) If I am able to buy any 2GB GTX 560 or is there a specific one that would fit my motherboard of choice (yes, I am a tad n00by when it comes to this stuff)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ok, this is a 2 part question:

1st part:

Would I be ok with processor graphics? I ask this because I have seen some of the things that AMDs APUs can do and they seem to be able to compete with the older graphics cards from both nvidia and ATI. I wish to be able to run valve games (TF2/hl2) on high end setting whilst maintaining a decent number of FPSes. If this is the case then can anyone tell me if the new intel ivy bridge processors have good enough graphics to compete with AMDs Liano (is that ho its spelt?) processors

2nd part:

As I love video games and would in the future like to be able to upgrade to a 2GB GTX 560, for better performance, and I would like to know if (amusing I have the right number of watts) If I am able to buy any 2GB GTX 560 or is there a specific one that would fit my motherboard of choice (yes, I am a tad n00by when it comes to this stuff)

1) Depends on what games you are planning to play and what settings you are looking for. You may need really low settings and lower the resolution to have around 30 fps in some games (Battlefield 3/ metro 2033). It seems that Llano has better performance than the HD 4000.
2) I don't know what motherboard you have but I'd expect the GTX 560 ti to fit in any motherboard that PCS sells.

metro.png

wow.png

Yrubdarb

Bronze Level Poster
Llano graphics are better that HD4000 overall (including the player experience) but neither is good enough to be reliable for gaming. I think Llano would be better if you could somehow increase the amount of system RAM the GPU takes; 512GB is not enough nowadays.

deh-cheesekake

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the feedback. I designed the configuration I am expecting to buy to fit the GTX 560 but will then remove the GPU when I atually buy it. This way I will know that it will work without any issues

Grinder

Enthusiast
A modern GPU will run much faster than any APU .
If you have a 560 then use it with a decent CPU like a FX 4100 or an i3 plus CPU

It all depends on you budget and what you want you pc to do.