Graphics issues (Vortex Ultimate)

Les

Hi

I am having problems with the graphics card(s) on my laptop. I am getting repeated corruption/blackouts followed by 'not responding - recovered' messages. Usually these occur individually and things carry on normally, but several times it seems to get into a loop where it never recovers and repeated corruption/blackouts occur one after the other with no proper screen graphics at all - followed after a minute or so with a Blue Screen shutdown.
I have two graphics cards in the laptop, but have only ever used one (except to try both to see if it would help with this fault - which it didn't)

After reading various things on the forum etc I imagine it is a heat issue, but I have kept the vent clear and as clean as I can, so maybe it is something else?

Anyway, my laptop is close to unusable most of the time now.

I have had a look on the bottom to see if I could open it up for a better cleaning, but am worried about undoing any screws which might hold something on the inside. I see the 3 vents are on what looks like a removable panel - would that panel be OK to open up? There are sunken screws as well as proud screws which may be needed to undo to open it - is that right?

Order number was 365649
The Graphics cards in the laptop:
Graphics Card nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480M - 2GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I would open it up and give it a clean, i have the Vortex 2 but assuming its the same all you need to do is remove the back panel and give it a bit of a dust.

I would then uninstall all gpu drivers and restart, then install the current drivers from the Nvidia website (non beta) and see how it performs.

I have an AMD so im not great at supporting past Nvidia drivers sorry.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Les

Les

Hi
Thanks for reply. I will give it a go. I hope nothing starts rattling as I undo the screws :)