Grey Screen on start up?

GarinJ

So I was happily using my laptop yesterday, no problems with it through the 10 months ive had it. But when I came back and switched it on today, the 'style note' logo comes up briefly (around 1 second) then the screen goes grey. Ive tried plugging it into a HDMI and no luck there either.

it the graphics card overheating? Not to clued up with laptops so any advice is appreciated!

GarinJ

Can't load into safe mode, still just get this grey screen. Unfortunately I'm not at home to access the diagnostics CD. Seems odd that it was working perfectly one minute, shut down properly and then it's suddenly not working? There's no sound from what I can gather, no Windows sound to say it's loaded or anything?

steaky360

It's unlikely the graphics card is overheating on startup - its definitely worth giving PCS a call though if you can't get it to boot at all.

GarinJ

Thanks, I will contact them towards the end of the day if I cannot find a solution. Just to add there's no cursor apparent either. Literally nothing I can do, apart from when I press Ctrl + Alt + Del the screen blinks black and then goes back to the grey screen.