Groove Music Error Windows 10 - Explorer.exe element not found

jonbam

Enthusiast
Hi

Some times when I load Groove Music the following error appears:

If I double click on a music mp3 file, Groove Music program some times doesn't load.

groove music error.jpg

The following error message appears after loading Groove Music: Explorer.exe element not found

Any help on this matter?

I have switched to windows media player to play my music within windows 10.

Jonathan

Last edited:

jonbam

Enthusiast
More info

I can not access windows 10 settings after receiving the: "Explorer.exe element not found" message. I hope updates will solve this error.

I have to turn off my laptop and reload windows 10.

Jonathan

Androcles

Rising Star
I get the exact same issue from time to time too, I've set my default back to windows media player to avoid it. When it happens it freezes out my taskbar which is annoying, but right clicking the task bas still works. What I used to do when it happens was right click the taskbar, select task manager, scroll through the list to find windows explorer, right click it and select restart, that helped in most cases but now and then it needed a reboot instead.

There seems to be a lot of reports of this happening, one thing that seems common to it is that it crashes using a Microsoft account to log in, but works fine on a local account, also thee are reports that it may be caused by a conflict with a bad install of Microsoft edge.

Last edited: