GTX 1080 or GTX 1080 Ti

Chewie

Hello all,

I'm trying to decide if it's worth going for the 11GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti or instead going for the slightly less powerful 8GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080?

Budget isn't much of an issue but I would rather go for the 1080 if the upgrade to the 1080 Ti is only small.

Cheers all.

Chewie

At the moment I only have a Samsung S24D590L, but hoping to upgrade sooner rather than later, wont be anything too over the top though

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Unless you have a decent monitor there wouldn’t be much point of a gtx 1080 ti. You should be looking for a 4K or ultra wide monitor.

Chewie

Bit rude of me to ask but would you have any suggestions? I don't have the highest budget in the world for a new monitor, considering i'm using 2

Maybe £250, possible stretch to £300 per monitor

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
but hoping to upgrade sooner rather than later, wont be anything too over the top though
Buying a GPU that's massively overpowered for your current needs as a vague futureproofing strategy is often not the best play, as by the time you get around to upgrade your monitor there will be better GPUs out.

Maybe £250, possible stretch to £300 per monitor
You don't need 2 of the same monitors. You could look at a 1440p 144hz gsync monitor for ~£500-600 and use your old monitor as a 2nd screen, or get another cheap 1080p screen.

xenoaxle

Bronze Level Poster
I went with the 1080ti as i'm using a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278QR, 27'' WQHD (2560 x 1440) Gaming monitor, 1ms, up to 165Hz, DP, HDMI, USB3.0 , G-SYNC monitor and not really interested in 4K just yet. Really want 1440p to run as best it can.

Chewie

Looking at getting a new gaming computer

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new gaming computer as my current one is a few years old and over the past few months has had a habit of getting extremely hot and load even after multiple clean outs.

I don't have the biggest budget but would be looking to spend between £1000-£1500 on a new pc, just hoping a few of you here may be able to give me a few builds/pointers. Cheers.