GTX 590 / Radeon 6990 On Ordering

MeveM

Bright Spark
Maybe PCS could concider adding a note when you build your PC, that if you've selected any of the rare cards like GTX 590/6990, it could give you a warning about how rare they are, and delays may occure with shipments and replacements etc?

There's plenty of posts about people waiting for them and don't seem to understand that they're hard to come by, a warning might make them reconcider first.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I kinda agree, however, someone purchasing a machine with these cards in is spending a lot of money, these people should be doing some research first anyway, regardless of what card they will be using, I dont know anyone who buys a PC or other bit of equipment without doing a bit of research first.

Doing any research on the 590 and 6990 will give them an indication as to the rarity of the cards. I think the customer needs to take more responsibility and not rely on other people to do the wrok for them.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Ye but I think a bit of a sidenote, like when you order a PC, and you've not selected a PSU with enough Watt, it gives you a note, would be kinda handy for those less knowledgeable, to just get a quick pop-up about certain choises they've made that's rare, might not just be GPU's.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Looking at the configuration tool, we have now put on "PRE-ORDER ITEM" next to both those cards so it should give some indication that there will be a delay on shipping out PC's with these cards in.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Awesome :) I was thinking about doing something like this thread last week when i ordered with a GTX 590, but changed due to the backlog! Having something there will defo be a plus point for many customers and save them a bit of time in a world that cant wait for anything nowadays! Good job PCS!

BillG

I kinda agree, however, someone purchasing a machine with these cards in is spending a lot of money, these people should be doing some research first anyway, regardless of what card they will be using, I dont know anyone who buys a PC or other bit of equipment without doing a bit of research first.

Doing any research on the 590 and 6990 will give them an indication as to the rarity of the cards. I think the customer needs to take more responsibility and not rely on other people to do the wrok for them.
I did tons of research before ordering my PC and there was nothing about "rarity" of Radeon HD 6990.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I persuaded PCS to add a note on the rare GPU's, and not a single rep! This is madness! XD

But ye, as DED said, that's customer service. Yet another testament that PCS listen to feedback.