Gtx 770/780

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Morning folks.

Here's an unofficial look at the new 770/80 cards. It looks like a 770 will have a similar performance to the current 680, which I guess makes sense, though as I have never paid attention to a shift in gpu series (I know) I was perhaps expecting my current 670 to get blown out the water a little more. Anyway GK104 architecture and housed with the same expensive cooling solution as the Titan.

770.jpg

The article makes the claim that the 770 will RRP around $400, but I think this is a little optimistic,I've seen it written that builders should expect a hike in prices on the new top end cards, and Nvidia seem happy to compete with themselves for the super enthusiast budget.

Grumble as I might about prices, these look really cool and the gamer inside of me is swooning.

http://videocardz.com/41297/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-pictured

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I really do hope those are the prices, maybe lower, but I doubt they will be, I was hoping to get a 770 but I fear that I may have to settle for a 760Ti, it doesnt look all that different to the 770

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm going for the 780, sod it.

If I were you, I'd wait a month, AMD will hopefully have some of their 8000s released, dropping the price of the 780 and the 770 may be better for you, or may bring the price of the 780 down further

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
I always wait 6 months after the new GPU's come out until i replace my existing GPU solution that way i dont pay the silly premiums.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I'm still around £400 shy of the spec I want so I won't be ordering straight away, but I'd be surprised to see much of a price drop over the next few months anyway. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Seems like it was a waste of time releasing the titan, Its more than £200 extra, for only a small amount more power, and as we can see, is weaker than the 780...

Im still waiting for the 770 to be released

dogbot

Bright Spark
In an e-mail received from a competitor

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3Gb .............................. £550
Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3Gb Splinter cell edition ....... £555
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ......................................... £560
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ......................................£580

dangro474

Bright Spark
I'm really quite torn on whether to pick up SLI 780 SC's or wait for the Titan Ultra.. whenever that may surface :(

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I'd always prefer a single GPU to SLI. But if you can afford to SLI two 780s then do it, you could always sell them when you can upgrade to a Titan Ultra.