gtx 980 ti releasing this month?

Bsrz

Rising Star
so I hear the GTX 980 ti is more than likely releasing this month.

any thoughts on this?

Spuff

Expert
Quite interesting. From initial reports it looks like it will be around the £600 mark.
It seems to be, as logic dictates, to be between the power of the 980 and Titan.
It seems NVIDIA are keen to get it out before the AMD R9 300 series. Although I am an Intel/NVIDIAist I will like to see the reality of the R9 380/390X before I consider the position of my 970. Red vs Green.

I feel quite giddy.

Last edited:

Bsrz

Rising Star
Quite interesting. From initial reports it looks like it will be around the £600 mark.
It seems to be, as logic dictates, to be between the power of the 980 and Titan.
It seems NVIDIA are keen to get it out before the AMD R9 390X. Although I am an Intel/NVIDIAist I will like to see the reality of the R9 390X before I consider the position of my 970.

I feel quite giddy.

ya I was considering picking up a titan x but think I might hang on for a bit and see what the 980 ti brings to the table.
Im not sure how aftermarket cards work tho in terms of how quick they get released, eg: msi with its own cooler version non stock. if I can pick up an msi 980 ti with twin frozr cooling I will be one happy chappy.

Spuff

Expert
Im not sure how aftermarket cards work tho in terms of how quick they get released, eg: msi with its own cooler version non stock. if I can pick up an msi 980 ti with twin frozr cooling I will be one happy chappy.

When the 900 series came out I think the various manufacturer's versions were available pretty much at release.

Last edited:

TremF

Bronze Level Poster
IF you can wait then the GTX 980 Ti with 6GB of VRAM should be a good enough beast without being too harsh on the pocket.

I was the opposite... I couldn't wait and with some games pushing 4GB VRAM now when you up the resolution, details and filters (I game at 1440P or 4K scaled down to 1440P) etc I didn't want to just settle for a 980 so I plunged for a Titan X. Now I'm eagerly waiting for VR to be released next year! :)

Last edited: