Gtx 980m

Retron

Silver Level Poster
Mine is stuck at testing since 23rd October (maybe because PCS staff had built everything but the missing GPU).
I've got an order for an entirely different laptop which has been stuck in testing since the 24th (and all the components were in stock). Going by the percentages on the site it looks like they've got quite a backlog to work through!

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
They have that delivery promise for Christmas if you order by the 10th of December. So I am hoping to order my 980m Vortex at the beginning of December. Do you guys think that's true.. if they'll be able to cope?

I haven't seen anyone boast with their PCS 970m or 980m yet.

ELL4EVER

Bronze Level Poster
I like that the 970m gets better frame rates than the 880m, if you don't want to fork out more for 980m then you are still going to be getting better frames than last series top performing gpu :p

IB9

So I heard that today was the expected date when PCS get the 970m/980m stock. Does anyone know if this has happened?

TomB

I have a Vortex IV equipped with 980m due for delivery tomorrow, they are definitely in stock :) (and I am definitely pacing the room in anticipation)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have a Vortex IV equipped with 980m due for delivery tomorrow, they are definitely in stock :) (and I am definitely pacing the room in anticipation)

Man, so jealous of you as of tomorrow upon receipt, but wouldn't want to be you until then :winkiss: The waiting game is HARD!!!

IB9

Haha that's good news. I'll keep an eye on the status of mine, currently 'testing'. This week would be nice :)

[edit] Dispatched! :D

Last edited:

avemar

lol the problem is PCS only received their first batch of 970m/980m yesterday :D
but they started pre-selling in october :)

Yeah, you're right.
But I am a bit disappointed, because they have the 980m/970m (they INDEED had, this is my answer after I asked by mail), but yesterday I asked when my order will be dispatched and they answered that 980m didn't arrive, and the first batch will be expected in the next couple of days.
And then there's people that already have their laptop delivered.
A little bit of a joke... Not so serious customer service.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yeah, you're right.
But I am a bit disappointed, because they have the 980m/970m (they INDEED had, this is my answer after I asked by mail), but yesterday I asked when my order will be dispatched and they answered that 980m didn't arrive, and the first batch will be expected in the next couple of days.
And then there's people that already have their laptop delivered.
A little bit of a joke... Not so serious customer service.

Maybe a misunderstanding, a phonecall would be quicker for you to get an speedy update

avemar

Or LiveChat perhaps :)

I tried both livechat and mail. I didn't try by phone because I'm from Italy and it would be crazy for my bill.
Moreover I also tried to add a mSata to my order, but without have it mounted... It seemed to be impossibile without calling them, and so I finally managed it by myself on another e-commerce.
I found that there is a serious lack of communication between sales service (at least the guys you can contact by e-mail or livechat) and technicians.
I have to say also that, in 2014, a company (and a IT related company) that relies primarily to telephone (and not to e-mail) in order to address customers requests, is, at least, "strange" (and for international customers is kind of unaccessible).
PCS seems very tough for prices and customizing possibilities, but, in my case, the customer service simply was not sufficient.

TomB

Well, if it makes you guys feel any better, I'm currently writing this while gazing lovingly at my brand new 980m equipped vortex iv. It arrived today :) once I've had a play around and got to know it a little I'll be sure to post a review.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, if it makes you guys feel any better, I'm currently writing this while gazing lovingly at my brand new 980m equipped vortex iv. It arrived today :) once I've had a play around and got to know it a little I'll be sure to post a review.

Me well jell... looking forward to the review.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to update everyone:

15.6" Vortex with 970M & 980M = IN STOCK
17.3" Vortex with 970M & 980M = IN STOCK

15.6" Defiance with 970M & i7-4710M = IN STOCK
15.6" Defiance with 970M & i7-4870M = MID-DECEMBER ETA. DELAY ON CPU BEYOND OUR CONTROL, SORRY
15.6" Defiance with 980M & i7-4710M = END NOVEMBER/EARLY DECEMBER ETA AS ADVERTISED.
15.6" Defiance with 980M & i7-4870M = MID-DECEMBER ETA. DELAY ON CPU BEYOND OUR CONTROL, SORRY